About Me

My photo
Queensland, Australia
I'm an Australian author of Contemporary Romance, Romantic Action/Adventure, and Historical fiction. I live in Queensland, Australia. www.noelleclark.net

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Day in the Life of: Author – Tania Joyce


Today I welcome fellow writing group member, Tania Joyce, to my blog.

Tania writes New Adult and Contemporary Romance, and I can tell you that she writes with a s-s-sizzling heat level!

Tania’s current novel is called Worlds Collide. I’ve read some extracts, and I just love it! Her writing style is both witty, sharp, and funny. I can’t wait to read this book.



Blurb:

Everything changes in Jessica Mason's perfect world when her agency wins the grand opening for Somers Hotel and Nate Somers, the son of a hotel billionaire, sets foot in her office.
 
Devastated by a moment of unprofessional conduct, Jessica heads out to a country retreat for some reflection where she runs into someone from her past and her hidden burdens are unveiled.
 
It will take nothing short of a small miracle stop her worlds colliding.
 
Tania, I’d love to find out more about you and your writing.
Q. Was anyone in your past, or present, life the inspiration for Jessica Mason and Nate Somers?
No – definitely not. My lead character Nate is pure fantasy (and damn he is good!!!)
Q. Is there a little of yourself in Jessica Mason?
I probably share the same anal characteristic of trying to be a perfectionist. 
Q. What was the hardest part about writing this novel?
Writing really confronting heart-felt emotions and putting myself in my characters shoes.  When Jessica meets a lover from her past after 20 years and they have to deal with a lot of baggage (hey – we all have it) it was tough.  
Q. Which mainstream author would you say your work most closely resembles and why?
My Writers Group think I am like Jennifer St George in my style of writing.  (Fingers crossed – I hope to be published like her one day.)
Q. What do you think reader will enjoy most about your novel?
While the spectacular scenery of Sydney’s Darling Harbour and News South Wales Hunter Valley region is wonderful, it’s the constant tug-of-war Jessica faces in deciding between two men and the dramas she faces.  Plus there are some pretty hot sex scenes throughout the book.  As I said before….Nate is good.
Q. How do balance writing with all of life’s responsibilities? Which ones do you have to juggle?
I work part-time, write part-time and I’m a full-time mum.  Somehow it all works out.  Being a mum always comes first.
Q. What is a typical writing day for you? Do you stick to a regimented pattern of writing so many words per day?
Before I even start writing I usually have the whole book planned out and summarize each scene/chapter. So then once kids are at school/daycare and I have caffeine by my side, I hook in to writing. Once I sit in front of my computer the words just magically flow. I often have to set the alarm to go and pick up the kids because I lose track of time and get lost in my characters.
I don’t stick to a word count per day – I’m more of a go with the flow type person.
Q. Where do you like to write? At your desk, or perhaps wherever looks comfortable at the time?
At my desk overlooking the gardens out the side of my house. It’s beautiful and quiet. Just me and my keyboard!
Q. Is there anyone who stands out as a mentor in your writing career?
No – not really.  My Writers Group is inspirational and keeps me motivated. Being a member of RWA and QWC has also helped me along the way.
Q. What other books are you currently working on?
Too many stories – not enough time.  But on a serious note - presently I am working on “Scandalous”. It’s a fun, sexy novel where a tabloid gossip columnist is in love with her flatmate – a struggling actor.
I’m also reworking my new adult manuscript called “Distractions”
Thanks for visiting today, and for sharing so generously with us. I know you’re anxiously waiting for Worlds Collide to find a home, and when it does, I hope you’ll come back and visit again.
Bio

I was born in Brisbane, Australia. Up until a few years ago my life focused around my career in the corporate world of marketing for several software corporations in the mining, oil and gas industries.  I lived to travel the world, shop and shared many adventures with my husband.  All that changed when he finally convinced me after 10 years of marriage to have children.  What a life changing event that was!  I gave up my full time career to raise my two beautiful boys and, along with the insane hormonal imbalance, I experienced, I unearthed the desire to start writing.

It is amazing how much I love writing - hours disappear without me realizing it and hate having to drag myself away from the keys some days when motherly duties call - especially in the middle of a great scene! I have now been writing books since 2010.

I am a member of:

RWA (Romance Writers Australia),
QWC (Queensland Writers Centre)
Yon Beyond Writing Group
NightWriters Writing Group.

Contact links:

Email: tania@taniajoyce.com
Web: www.taniajoyce.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/taniajoycebooks
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TaniaJoyceBooks
Extracts:

Distractions - Wiley (Wilhelmina) Cayton's world turns upside down when she meets college newcomer Cameron Wilks. Full of mystery and a painful past, Cameron seems to be nothing but a party boy and a constant distraction. But their families have their futures planned out for them which is destined to keep them apart. As Wiley battles her insecurities and college pranks go horribly wrong - is their love meant to be or just a temporary distraction.





Worlds Collide - Everything changes in Jessica Mason's perfect world when her agency wins the grand opening for Somers Hotel and Nate Somers, the son of a hotel billionaire, sets foot in her office.
Devastated by a moment of unprofessional conduct, Jessica heads out to a country retreat for some reflection where she runs into someone from her past and her hidden burdens are unveiled.
It will take nothing short of a small miracle stop her worlds colliding.





Tania, it's been a pleasure having you here. Good luck with your writing!


4 comments:

  1. Great interview Noelle and Tania! Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to seeing your books in print Tania.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Noelle. Always a pleasure. Tania Joyce.

    ReplyDelete