About Me

My photo
Queensland, Australia
I'm an Australian author of Contemporary Romance, Romantic Action/Adventure, and Historical fiction. I live in Queensland, Australia. www.noelleclark.net

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Reticules, women of dubious backgrounds, and Shehanne Moore.

Today I am thrilled to have as my esteemed guest, Scottish author and great friend, Shehanne Moore. Shehanne writes smexy historical romances - no frills, fainting, or fluttering of eyes here. Her 'ladies' - the heroines of her novels - display qualities some would describe as conniving, sluttish, and dishonest. But most readers embrace the feisty heroines, loving their strength of character, their humour, their choice of men, and their get-up-and-go. She calls them the Sisterhood.


When I spoke to Shehanne, she said she'd like to get readers of this post involved in a mystery, with a wonderful prize for those who solve it. It's not a difficult problem to solve, and it is a lot of fun.

Here's what Shehanne said when I screwed up my eyes at the mention of the word 'reticule', not sure I'd ever heard the word before.




So? Just what is a reticule exactly? Before anyone should get too excited, like one of my blog readers did that day, it’s a woman’s handbag.


My heroines carry them a lot in my book. Being a historical author you try to give a little authenticity. I’m just not sure that any of my heroines would carry one like that one. Dress Like this either. I mean I just cannot imagine my heroine Lady Fury taking a swing at the hero, Captain Flint, dressed like that.   









Noelle Clark, a million hugs for inviting me to your lovely blog today. I haven’t brought the hamstah dudes along which means they will moan more than ever and you just might have to ask them back. I haven’t brought my reticule either. What I have is a little picture of four bags.


And I have four heroines. So I am wondering how easy it is from the description to match the heroine to the bag


We can get to the contents later. Fury’s is likely to be a brick given the amount of swipes she takes with that bag, whereas my new heroine, Lady Malice, well, she likes to keep cards in hers.  Her business cards.






So, what do we know of these ladies? 



Lady Fury


Well, the heroine of the Unravelling of Lady Fury as you might guess has a great fondness for silks, satins, perfumes,  spending money she does not have, dressing in evening gowns at ten in the morning and despite everything, the hero.  She’s a lady, don’t you know? At least she things she is and her taste reflects that. She’s also a pirate’s lady….










Next up, Kara McGurkie from His Judas Bride.



Well, the title speaks for itself, doesn’t it, if you think about these things brides have?

Her bag probably contains a wedding garter…for strangling the groom with.

Did I also say my heroines are a bit like that?
Kind of ready to commit murder if need be?













Sapphire, the heroine of Loving Lady Lazuli, doesn’t quite go that far but like Fury, she does have a corpse to dispose of.

What can I tell you about Sapphire? She’s an ex jewel thief, doing the poor grieving widow bit. But her reticule isn’t very likely to have anything in it. God no. She’s more than likely to plant her ill gotten gains on you…although there was that one time she didn’t…. 











Finally, last but not least we come to
Malice, owner of Strictly Business, a strictly business like business, I  turn a blind eye to, and heroine of The Viking and The Courtesan.



Malice isn’t quite all she seems and I think her reticule reflects that fact.  









We’ve been talking reticules. I think it’s time for an extract concerning one.  

She snapped her reticule open. In it, in addition to the other things ladies kept in their handbags, was a gauze square. It was not the one she had worn that night she attempted to seduce him, obviously. That had been trodden underfoot or tied around the head or hips of some Viking, or other. But it was similar. The gauze square was nothing to her business card.
That she removed and pressed into his hand.
        “I believe you contacted this agency.”
“Malice...” The manner—the starkly horrified manner-- in which his brown eyes roamed it, spoke oceans.
“Yes?” She shrugged her scantily clad shoulders.
“That was... That was...”
“Obnoxious of you. Especially the lies you told. About me.”
“But, Malice...”
“Yes, Cyril?”
“Malice, whatever, whoever said such things about you...”
She held up a gloved hand. “Cyril, before you go further, there is something you should know.”
“Yes?”
“I am Strictly.”


Now I asked if you could guess whose handbag is whose? I’ve also numbered them. So why not guess in the comments box here, leaving your email addy and I’ll draw  a winner from those who are right. 

The book isn’t available till 29th July but I do happen to have a free copy of The Viking and The Courtesan for that person. 

Pre-sale links. 

BLURB 
In 898 AD she wasn’t just from another land. 
Wrecking a marriage is generally no problem for the divorce obtaining, Lady
Malice Mallender. But she faces a dilemma when she’s asked to ruin her own. Just how businesslike should she remain when the marriage was never consummated and kissing her husband leads to Sin--a handsome Viking who wants her for a bed slave in name only?  
She came from another time. 
Viking raider Sin Gudrunsson wants one thing. To marry his childhood sweetheart. Only she’s left him before, so he needs to keep her on her toes, and a bed slave, in name only, seems just the thing. Until he meets Malice. 
One kiss is all it takes to flash between two worlds
But when one kiss is no longer enough, which will it be?  Regency London? Or Viking Norway? Will Malice learn what governs the flashes? Can Sin?  
Where worlds collide can love melt the iciest heart?

BIO

When not cuddling inn signs in her beloved Scottish mountains alongside Mr Shey, Shehanne Moore writes dark and smexy historical romance, featuring bad boys who need a bad girl to sort them out. She firmly believes everyone deserves a little love, forgiveness and a second chance in life. 






Shehanne caused general apoplexy when she penned her first story, The Hore House Mystery—aged seven. What didn’t she work at while pursuing her dream of becoming a published author? 







Visit her blog to find out about past releases and hear more about her forthcoming time-slip, The Viking and The Courtesan.
historical,









19 comments:

  1. NOELLE! Thanks for posting now I go to promo. you are a doll xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article! I won't enter the contest because I already have my book on order. But good luck everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to see you my darling x

      Delete
    2. Thanks for dropping by Elizabeth. I'm sure you'll enjoy reading Shey's latest book.

      Delete
  3. Lady Fury - #3; Kara McGurkie - #2; Sapphire - #4; Malice - #1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your entry jmcgaugh. Best of luck in the contest.

      Delete
  4. Lady Fury-3 His Judas Bride-4 Sapphire-1 Courtesan-2 -Aleen D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your entry Riyoko. Best of luck in the contest.

      Delete
    2. Riyoko, can you contact me please........ I have been trying to find you online at your Sailor Moon Site x

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saying nothing right now!! OOH. But if no-one is close I will give a skivvy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lady Fury - #3
    Kara McGurkie - #1
    Sapphire - #2
    Malice - #4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your entry Tina. Best of luck in the contest.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Some good entries here, Shey. I wonder if anyone is even close.

      Delete
    2. well.. I don't want to say. We will run it another wee bit....................... Look, you know I am a tease. You notice I said a skiff . And there isn't one

      Delete
  9. We have a winner outright. And she has now contacted me. Congratulations RIYOKO, the lovely Aleen D.. The answers are Sapphire 1 Malice 2 Fury 3 Kara 4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations Aleen, and thank you to everyone who entered. Congratulations also to Shehanne Moore on the release of The Viking and the Courtesan.

      Delete
  10. I love Helena! She is goddess! I even order a research paper here https://paperwriter4me.com/research-paper-for-sale about her life and acting on stage.

    ReplyDelete